What exactly does an Office Administrator do? Can you study to be an Office Administrator? Where can I study to be an Office Administrator? Can an Office Administrator course be studied part-time? This article will answer these questions and more.
What Exactly Does an Office Administrator do?Being an Office Administrator is a very busy job. This is because an Office Administrator does many different things. Office Administrators:
- welcome visitors to the company,
- answer telephones,
- prepare documents and do filing,
- schedule meetings,
- make bookings and travel arrangements for senior staff members,
- perform certain accounting functions and much more.
Can you Study to be an Office Administrator?Yes, you can. As mentioned above, Office Administrators need a lot of different skills and not all of them are things you can do without being taught how to do them. Fortunately, there are many different courses that you can study. There are short courses, certificate courses and even diploma courses that you can study.
Where can I Study an Office Admin Course?There are many companies, training providers, colleges and even some universities that offer Office Administration courses. Some offer longer courses, some offer non-accredited or short courses. Finding the course that is best for you is easy. You just need to do a little bit of research. Skills Academy is one of the companies that offer Office Administration courses. Another very good option that you can look into is the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) courses. Best of all, Skills Academy does not only offer their own Office Administration but they also offer the ICB courses as well.
What Office Administration Courses Does Skills Academy Offer?Skills Academy offers a number of Office Admin courses, both its own courses as well as ICB courses. The Skills Academy Office Administration courses on offer are as follows:
- Short Course Certificate in Office Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Office Management
- Comprehensive Certificate in Office Management
- ICB National Certificate: Office Administration (Junior Office Admin)
- ICB Higher Certificate: Office Administration (Office Admin)
- ICB Diploma: Office Administration (Certified Office Manager)